Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Salmon Patties

Ive decided to give the Real Food Wednesdays a try on my blog. I love reading all the blog entries on this group so I thought I would join in. Lets hope this works!

I thought I would share what we had for dinner tonight. It is an old favourite that I cut out of a magazine years ago. Apparently it is a recipe that Candice Bergen contributed to a charity cookbook called: Star Palate, Celebrity Cookbook for a Cure

I love this recipe because it is soooo simple AND it is gaps friendly.

I left out the ricotta tonight as we are dairy free at the moment, but in the past I have favoured Goats Feta over ricotta in this recipe.

Enjoy

Salmon Burgers

675g Salmon fillets
5 large green onions (we use spring onions)
2 tsp fresh chopped dill
3 tsp lemon juice
1 ½ Tblsp ricotta
2 egg yolks (use the whites to make almond crescents - will post recipe next week)
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Fat for cooking

Pulse salmon in food processor until finely chopped but not puree
Combine with all other ingredience except fat
Form small patties with hands.
Heat fat in cast iron pan
Cook patties over medium/high heat until crisp and golden on each side.

Serve with salad greens, tomato, avacado and sauerkraut.


This post is part of Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop!

No comments:

Post a Comment